Friday, May 15, 2009

Getting to Know You... Danielle Holtzman


Hi Team!
Since I am the so called "leader" of this team, I'd like to start off our "Getting to Know You" segments by introducing myself to all of you! Some of you I know well... others I have never met. It is my goal that through this segment, we can all "get to know" each other a bit. I encourage you to use the "comments" feature to interact and dialogue with each other... it's fun (and if I'm being completely truthful, a bit addicting)!

So.... on to the inital "Getting to Know You" segment...

My name is Danielle Holtzman and as I tell my party guests, I've been a "SLAH addict" for over 6 years and have been doing parties as a consultant for over 3 1/2 years! I was first introduced to SLAH when I lived in Austin, TX back in 2002. I sure wish I would've joined way back then!

I fell in love with the ENTIRE catalog at my very first party and had a wish list that took up the entire back side of my "customer care card". I never, ever thought about becoming a consultant at that time, but I did consider the hostess opportunity.

Time went on, I was enjoying my SLAH products, but when the consultant who did the party called to ask me if I would like to host a party, I bluntly told her that I was in the process of moving to Houston and would no longer be interested. It was the truth. And I didn't think much of SLAH for about a year.

After Noah was born, we were transferred to Wichita from Houston and SLAH literally popped into my head, out of nowhere, one afternoon while taking a walk. I went home (and at that time, "home" was my parents basement!) and looked up SLAH online. I saw that there was a "mega starter kit" special going on for 3 more days. I briefly talked with my husband and my mom and decided to sign up... not knowing a thing about being a consultant! I wanted to make $500 a month as a consultant so that I could be a "stay at home mom" to my then 6 month old son, Noah.

I had my launch party 2 days after my kit arrived. I didn't' have a home, so we did it at my mom's house and invited all of her friends (I was short on those too!). It was a success. I booked a few parties and that was the beginning of my SLAH journey!

I love SLAH for so many reasons...
  • I love the products and love using them in my home...
  • I love the money and the otherwise unaffordable opportunities it allows me...
  • I love being able to contribute to my family's income...
  • I love the people I've met, both locally through my hostesses, customers and team members, but also the consultants I've met across the country...
  • I love the trips...
  • I love the training...
  • I love the "girl time" and the "me time"...
  • I love the company and what it stands for...
  • I quite simply, love SLAH!

  • So that's a bit about me and how I got to be the so called "leader" of this group!

    Now, a bit of personal information about me...


    • I am married to my husband of 10 years, Vance, and we have 2 charming children... Noah is 4 and Emily is 17 months...
    • I love decorating my house and consider "shopping" a hobby...
    • I am addicted, really addicted, to Sonic diet cokes...
    • I have a really bad habit of running late...
    • I love my faith and enjoy being active in my church...
    • I love a clean house, but rarely have one...
    • I am really out of shape, and it's one thing I really want to change (and fast!)...
    • I'd love to have more children...
    • I'm obsessed with documenting my family's life through scrapbooks and journals...
    • I love Fall...
    • I wish I were more fashionable...
    • I have a CPA, a Master's degree, and am a "Certified Protocol Consultant"...
    • I love public speaking...
    • I love reality TV, all of it...
    • I have a yellow Labrador named Lucy...
    • I hate, really hate, to cook...
    • My parents live about 4 minutes away and are a big part of my life...
    • I was born and raised in Wichita...
    • I lived in Minnesota and Texas prior to coming "home" to Wichita...
    • I am a worrier...
    • I have a big heart (at least I think so!)...
    • I cry easily...
    • I love movies, but never have the time to watch them anymore...
    • I am a conservative... both socially and politically...
    • I love my family more than anything in the world!
    I think that's probably way more information that you needed or cared to have about me :) But, in a nutshell, it's who I am!

    I feel privileged to have all of you in my life and hope that we will all continue to "Get to Know" each other through our SLAH businesses!


    Next Up: Jeny Ayres

    2 comments:

    Jeny said...

    So I missed that I was next the first two time I read this:)

    Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

    Yes... next month, it's all about you :)