Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Getting to Know You - Linda Siders


Linda Siders - Wichita, KS 

My name is Linda Siders and I have been part of Danielle's SLH/Willow House team since March 2010.  I hosted a SLH party at work about 8 years ago and it was a great success.  I have always loved the items that I received as a hostess, but I actually forgot about Southern Living at Home until I became a decorator blog junkie last winter.  As I perused the home decor blogs I noticed that some of the bloggers referred to an item in their home as their "SLH piece."  I stumbled upon a blog of a SLH consultant and "bingo" I figured out what SLH meant.  I checked out the online catalog, Danielle left a catalog in my mailbox, and the rest is history.  I could never sell anything that I was not passionate about or did not want to own myself.  Willow House keeps me out of the local home decor shops and I simply decorate my home with Willow House products (well maybe with a little help from TJ Maxx for candles and filler items). 
 
I am blessed with a wonderful husband, David, of 32 years, and we have two amazing boys, Josh and Aaron, and two lovely daughter in laws, Sarah, Josh's wife, and Stephanie, Aaron's wife.  Josh and Sarah are expecting our first grandchild on November 8.  It is a boy, but we do not know his name.  However, we do know that we can't wait for his arrival and we plan to spoil him silly.  Josh and Sarah live in Manhattan and Aaron and Stephanie live in Prairie Village.  Our family bleeds purple as all the kids are K-State grads.
 
I have been a paralegal at Foulston Siefkin for 17 1/2 years and it is a wonderful job for which I am very thankful.  Selling Willow House is very rewarding because it is "my" business.  I love selling Willow House because I believe in the quality and beauty of the products.  I am excited to meet hostesses and customers who love it as much as I do, and I am challenged by customers who need ideas on what to do with home decor and serving items.  I love to share my decorating ideas, and I hope that I can inspire a few people along the way to use the things that they love when they decorate, entertain, and organize, and to complement what they already own with Willow House products.  Or, better yet, to toss out the items that they are tired of and replace them with Willow House products!  
 
Each time I have a party, I think of my mom who would have loved the Willow House pieces.  She was a tireless decorator who enjoyed changing her home with the seasons.  I know that I learned my love of nesting from my mom.  She collected angels so I know her favorite piece would be the Herald Angel.  That will be my grandson's first Willow House piece, in remembrance of his Great-Grandma Kay.
 

No comments: