Saturday, September 18, 2010

Getting To Know You... Maureen Do

Maureen Do - Wichita, Kansas


My name is Maureen Do and I’m brand new to Willow House! In fact, I’ve never even been to a Willow House or Southern Living at Home party! I’ve been to some jewelry and purse parties in the past, and always felt pressured to buy overpriced items that I didn’t even like that much just to be polite. A few years ago I had made up my mind that I wouldn’t go to another party because of those reasons, so shortly after that when I got an invitation in the mail from my friend to a SLAH party, I declined immediately. Funny enough, I recently found out as I was inviting that same friend to my launch party that it was actually one of Danielle’s parties that I missed out on!

I know you’re probably wondering why in the world I joined Willow House if I was such a party pooper. My husband and I are expecting our second child in January and I’m ready to be a stay at home mom, but I also want a way to make it a little less tight on the budget. I currently work part time as a Registered Nurse in an ICU, and I’m tired of working nights, weekends, and holidays! I found out about Willow House on a mom’s website, checked out the catalog and actually fell in love with everything! I read some information about the company, contacted Danielle, and now I’m getting ready for my launch party! I never thought I’d ever do anything like this, but I’m so excited!!

Some other tidbits about me…
  • My husband and I have been married for 2 ½ years, have a daughter (Scarlett) who is 19 months old, and we have another girl on the way!
  • We live in an 80 year old house and have a never ending list of house projects to get done.
  • I was born and raised in Wichita, and about ½ of my family lives within a 2 mile radius of each other. I am part of that radius 
  • I love to bake, but hate to cook.
  • I like happy endings, and I only like to watch movies and read books that I know will end happily!
  • I used to be a clean freak and super organized…until I became a mom!
  • I love my faith and wish I was more active in my church.
  • We have 4 dogs, ranging from a Chihuahua to a German Shepherd.
  • I really wish I knew how to sew, or knit, or crochet, or something crafty like that.
  • I’m a little on the shy side, and wish I was more naturally outgoing

No comments: